Alert -- notice of general meeting
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012
Shareholders of Alert were referred to the SENS announcement dated 27 March 2012 in which it was announced that the board of directors of Alert ("the board") proposed that a further R120 million be raised by means of a rights offer ("the rights offer"). Notice is hereby given that a general meeting of shareholders ("the general meeting") will be held at Alert's offices, corner of Engelbrecht and Lanham Streets, East Lynne, Pretoria at 14:00 on Monday, 14 May 2012, for the purpose of considering and, if deemed fit, passing, with or without modification, the special resolution required in terms of Section 41(3) of the Companies Act No 71 of 2008 ("the Companies Act") to give the board authority to issue ordinary shares in Alert, in excess of 30% of the issued share capital of Alert, for the purpose of implementing the rights offer, as well as an ancillary ordinary resolution giving general authority to the directors to give effect to the special resolution referred to above. notice of the general meeting was posted to shareholders on Wednesday, 11 April 2012.
The record date for purposes of determining which shareholders are entitled to participate in and vote at the general meeting is Friday, 4 May 2012. Only shareholders who are registered in the register of shareholders of the company on Friday, 4 May 2012 will be entitled to participate in and vote at the general meeting. Accordingly, the last day to trade in order to be eligible to participate in and vote at the general meeting is Wednesday, 25 April 2012.
- Western oil exploration in Somalia may spark conflict: UN report-Wed, 17 Jul 2013
- U.S. worried ahead of Zimbabwe poll, warns on credibility -Wed, 17 Jul 2013
- Nigerian consumer inflation falls to 5-year low in June-Wed, 17 Jul 2013
- Home Afrika lists on the Nairobi Securities Exchange-Tue, 16 Jul 2013
- South African gold producers offer 4 percent pay rise-Tue, 16 Jul 2013
- Nigeria's Elumelu seeking 2 oil blocks for power plants-Tue, 16 Jul 2013
- Nigerian activists demand arrest of Sudan's Bashir in court-Tue, 16 Jul 2013
- ICC rejects request to hold trial of Kenya's Ruto in Africa-Tue, 16 Jul 2013